A while ago I wrote a blog post on conspiracy related to the 2012 circus. My plan was to write about some of the 2012 conspiracy theorists but I never made it back then. My plan nowadays is to write up a book on how the 2012 circus basically is an ethnocentric soup with some creationist and pseudoscientific ingredients spiced up with conspiracy theory. I will also compare the circus with that of Apocalypto as it also includes some of the ingredients of the soup. Imagine my surprise then, when I read on Bast’s blog that Mel Gibson probably is part of the 2012 conspiracy. I need not do much research on my book, the 2012ers write it for me.
Basically Bast says that Gibson has tried to improve his image in recent years but yesterday he flipped out and called a reporter an asshole. Bast entertains the idea that he flipped out because “he just find out something new about 2012.” Now, part of the 2012 conspiracy is the idea that governments know what will happen in 2012 but they are keeping that knowledge a secret. Since some movie stars and other stars hang out with world leaders they may also know about this conspiracy. Hence Bast lists the possibilities that Gibson is part of the conspiracy:
- Very knowledgeable about 2012 – he made Apocalypto [Well, Apocalypto is not really about 2012 but it includes similar Christian apocalyptic ideas that reflects ethnocentric ideas. I am also knowledgeable about 2012 and Apocalypto so that would make me part of conspiracy as well. By this logic Oliver Stone was also part of the conspiracy that killed Kennedy since he appears to be so knowledgeable about the murder in his JFK movie]
- Knowledgeable about conspiracy theories – he starred in Conspiracy Theory [I also do know something about conspiracy theories, and so do Bast apparantly, so maybe both of us are part of the conspiracy]
- Political connections – has met with the president of Costa Rica [Could he not meet another world leader? Costa Rica is not really the major player in the world. However, I have met the Swedish king, our head of the state, so that means that I am also part of the conspiracy]
- Has sold $60 million of property in the last 2 years [Of course, selling properties indicates that you know about an upcoming disaster. Unfortunately I do not have that kind of money, so I am perhaps not part of the conspiracy after all]
- Has a safe spot – recently purchased a $25.8m ranch in Costa Rica (although its location by the sea would negate many 2012 doom theories) [How can this be a “safe spot” then? Tsunamis would sweep that ranch away in a few seconds. My apartment is not far from the Göta River in Göteborg. This river would easily flood during a tsunami. I guess I also have a safe spot]
- His production company logo looks a bit like an upside down pyramid with an Illuminati eye [The illuminati again, I thought it was Lady Gaga who was the illuminati puppet]
From the list we can conclude that many of us can be part of the conspiracy. If you know something about the Maya, know something about 2012, have political connections, have sold properties, have a safe spot, have a logo with an eye, etc. you are probably a conspirator yourself. Here are some other indications that Gibson is part of the conspiracy:
He made the Mad Max movies which are post-apocalyptic movies. Gibson also sponsored Hansen’s project at El Mirador. This site has gigantic bunkers (pyramids for those of you not familiar with Bast’s pyramid interpretations).